FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Package||Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Delivery:||2~7 Days for Stock, 15~45 Days for Without Stock|
Can Pin Couplings Be Used in Both Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements?
Yes, pin couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. These couplings are designed to accommodate angular misalignment, parallel misalignment, and axial movement, making them versatile for various shaft orientations.
In horizontal shaft arrangements, where the shafts are aligned on the same horizontal plane, pin couplings can efficiently transmit torque while allowing for flexibility to accommodate minor misalignments and shaft movements. The pins and flexible elements in the coupling enable angular displacement and radial flexibility, ensuring smooth power transmission even if the shafts are not perfectly aligned.
In vertical shaft arrangements, where the shafts are aligned on a vertical plane, pin couplings can also be used effectively. The coupling design allows for axial movement, which is crucial in vertical applications where the shafts may experience expansion or contraction due to thermal changes or other factors. The flexible nature of pin couplings allows them to handle these axial movements without compromising the coupling’s performance.
Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, pin couplings are commonly used in various industrial applications, including pumps, compressors, conveyors, and other rotating machinery. They are known for their simplicity, ease of installation, and ability to provide reliable power transmission while accommodating misalignment and shaft movement.
When using pin couplings in either arrangement, it is essential to ensure proper alignment and regular maintenance to maximize their performance and service life. Additionally, considering factors like torque requirements, operating conditions, and environmental considerations will help in selecting the appropriate pin coupling for a specific application.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Pin Coupling for a Specific System
When selecting a pin coupling for a specific system, several critical factors need to be considered to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Each application has unique requirements, and choosing the right pin coupling involves assessing the following factors:
1. Torque and Power Requirements: Determine the torque and power transmission requirements of the system. The pin coupling must be capable of handling the maximum torque and power generated by the connected equipment.
2. Operating Speed: Consider the rotational speed of the system’s driving and driven shafts. The pin coupling’s design should allow for smooth and efficient operation at the specified speed range.
3. Misalignment Tolerance: Assess the degree of misalignment between the shafts that the coupling needs to accommodate. Pin couplings are suitable for applications with moderate angular, parallel, and axial misalignment.
4. Operating Environment: Consider the environmental conditions the coupling will be exposed to, including temperature, humidity, dust, and presence of corrosive substances. Choose a pin coupling with materials and surface treatments suitable for the operating environment.
5. Size and Space Constraints: Ensure that the selected pin coupling fits within the available space and does not interfere with other components in the system.
6. Serviceability and Maintenance: Evaluate the ease of installation, maintenance, and replacement of the pin coupling. Easy-to-service couplings can help reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
7. Shock and Vibration: Consider the level of shock and vibration the system will experience. The pin coupling should be robust enough to handle these dynamic loads without failure.
8. Cost: Evaluate the overall cost of the pin coupling, including its initial purchase price, maintenance costs, and potential downtime expenses. Choose a coupling that offers the best balance of performance and cost-effectiveness.
9. Material Selection: Select the appropriate materials for the pin coupling based on the application requirements. Common materials include carbon steel, stainless steel, and alloy steel.
10. Compatibility: Ensure that the pin coupling is compatible with the specific shaft sizes and configurations of the system’s driving and driven components.
11. Compliance with Industry Standards: Check if the pin coupling meets relevant industry standards and safety requirements.
By carefully considering these factors, engineers and system designers can choose the most suitable pin coupling for their specific application. It’s essential to work closely with coupling manufacturers or suppliers to ensure that the selected coupling meets all the necessary specifications and requirements.
Types of Pin Coupling Designs
Pin couplings, also known as shear pin couplings, come in various designs to suit different application requirements. The main types of pin coupling designs are as follows:
- 1. Single Pin Coupling: In this design, a single shear pin is used to connect the two shafts. The pin is placed in a hole that runs through both coupling halves. Under excessive torque or shock loads, the pin shears off, disconnecting the shafts and protecting the equipment from damage. Single pin couplings are commonly used in light to moderate-duty applications.
- 2. Double Pin Coupling: Double pin couplings use two shear pins that are positioned 180 degrees apart. This design provides increased torque capacity and improved balance compared to the single pin design. Double pin couplings are suitable for applications with higher torque requirements.
- 3. Triangular Pin Coupling: Triangular pin couplings use three pins arranged in a triangular pattern around the circumference of the coupling. This design offers even higher torque capacity and improved torsional stiffness. Triangular pin couplings are ideal for heavy-duty applications where higher torque and misalignment tolerance are essential.
- 4. Splined Pin Coupling: Splined pin couplings use splines instead of solid pins to transmit torque between the shafts. The splines provide a more secure connection and better torque transmission compared to solid pins. Splined pin couplings are commonly used in precision motion control applications.
- 5. Taper Pin Coupling: Taper pin couplings use tapered pins that wedge tightly into matching tapered holes in the coupling halves. This design offers excellent torque transmission and alignment capabilities. Taper pin couplings are often used in heavy machinery and power transmission systems.
Each type of pin coupling design has its advantages and limitations, and the selection depends on factors such as the application’s torque requirements, misalignment tolerance, and environmental conditions. It is essential to choose the right type of pin coupling to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and safety in the mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-08-03