MT type plum cushion (MT1-MT13),
T type hexagonal backrest cushion (T40-210).
Hydraulic coupling plum cushion (YOX),
L type claw coupling hexagonal cushion (L50-L225),
H type elastic block (H80-H540),
NM50-NM450 coupling elastomer.
HRC coupling elastomer (HRC60-HRC280).
Gear coupling cushion (gear 4J-13J).
NL gear coupling inner gear sleeve (NL1-NL10).
MH core coupling (mh45-200) column pin coupling elastic pad, elastic sleeve.
High Strength Cross Slider and Various Non-standard Plum CZPT Cushions.
material: PU, and PVC and Rubber is available
Application: Can compensate the relative deviation, damping, buffering, small radial dimension, simple structure, no need of lubrication, the bearing capacity is high, easy to maintain, but change the elastic element in 2 shaft coupling needs to move along the axial direction. Is suitable for connecting 2 coaxial, frequent starting, reversing the changes, low speed, small power transmission, high reliability requirements of shafting parts, not suitable for heavy load and axial size restrictions, parts of the 2 axis of difficulties in the replacement of the elastic component.
Torque: 22.4 – 2500NM
Wear: < 0.05cm3 / 1.61km
Product hardness: 95A + 5
Specifications: MT14 – MT1
material:According to the selection of different materials in different conditions, such as fan, water pump, light industry, textile and other stable work, little change in load, can be used polyurethane
custom-made is welcome
We have all specs in stock, so small order is available, and delivery fast.
|Surface Treatment:||Without Treatment|
|Type:||Coupling Damping Pad|
|Flexible or Rigid:||Wear-Resisting|
How Does a Pin Coupling Protect Connected Equipment from Shock Loads and Vibrations?
Pin couplings are designed to provide excellent protection to connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations, ensuring the smooth and reliable operation of the machinery. The unique features of pin couplings contribute to their ability to absorb and dampen shock loads and vibrations effectively:
- Flexibility: Pin couplings possess a certain degree of flexibility due to the presence of movable pins. When subjected to sudden shock loads or vibrations, the pins can flex and move slightly, absorbing the impact and preventing it from transmitting directly to the connected equipment. This flexibility helps in reducing stress and minimizing the risk of damage to the machinery.
- Torsional Compliance: The pin coupling’s design allows for a certain amount of torsional compliance. This means that when the connected shafts experience slight misalignments or angular displacements, the pin coupling can compensate for these variations without causing additional stress or vibration in the system. This feature ensures that the machinery remains in proper alignment even under dynamic conditions, reducing wear and tear.
- Damping Characteristics: The presence of movable pins introduces damping characteristics to the coupling. When vibrations occur in the system, the pins can dampen these oscillations, preventing resonance and the amplification of vibrations. This damping effect improves the overall stability and performance of the machinery.
- Strength and Resilience: High-quality pin couplings are constructed from durable materials with excellent fatigue resistance. This enables the coupling to withstand repeated shock loads and vibrations over an extended period without compromising its integrity. The strength and resilience of the pin coupling contribute to the protection of the connected equipment.
Overall, pin couplings are reliable and versatile components that can effectively protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations. Their flexibility, torsional compliance, damping characteristics, and robust construction make them suitable for various industrial applications where shock and vibration mitigation are essential for maintaining the health and longevity of machinery and equipment.
How Does a Pin Coupling Handle Angular, Parallel, and Axial Misalignment?
A pin coupling is designed to handle different types of misalignment, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The unique construction of pin couplings allows them to accommodate these misalignments without compromising the efficiency and performance of the connected equipment.
1. Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the driving and driven shafts are not parallel but intersect at an angle. Pin couplings can tolerate angular misalignment because of their flexible and floating pin design. The two coupling halves are connected by a series of pins, which can pivot and move within the pin holes. This flexibility allows the coupling to bend slightly, adjusting to the angle of misalignment between the shafts.
2. Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment happens when the axes of the driving and driven shafts are parallel, but they are laterally displaced from each other. Pin couplings can handle parallel misalignment to some extent due to the floating nature of the pins. The pins can move laterally within the pin holes, allowing the coupling to adapt to the offset between the shafts.
3. Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment occurs when there is a linear displacement along the axis of one shaft concerning the other. While pin couplings primarily focus on handling angular and parallel misalignment, they may offer limited axial misalignment capabilities. The floating pins provide a small degree of axial movement, but excessive axial misalignment is best avoided to prevent additional stresses on the coupling.
It is important to note that while pin couplings can accommodate some degree of misalignment, excessive misalignment should be avoided to prevent premature wear and potential failure of the coupling and connected equipment. Regular inspection and maintenance can help identify and address any misalignment issues, ensuring the optimal performance and longevity of the pin coupling in power transmission applications.
Advantages of Using Pin Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Pin couplings, also known as shear pin couplings, offer several advantages when used in mechanical systems. These advantages make them a popular choice for various industrial applications:
- 1. Overload Protection: Pin couplings are designed to provide overload protection to connected equipment. In case of excessive torque or sudden shock loads, the sacrificial pins will shear off, preventing damage to the shafts and other components.
- 2. Misalignment Tolerance: Pin couplings can accommodate a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts. This helps to compensate for minor misalignments and reduces the stress on the connected equipment.
- 3. Cost-Effective: The shear pins used in pin couplings are relatively inexpensive compared to other coupling components. In the event of a failure, replacing the damaged pins is a cost-effective solution, avoiding more significant repairs to the main equipment.
- 4. Easy Replacement: After shearing, the damaged pins can be quickly and easily replaced. This leads to reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs in the long run.
- 5. Versatility: Pin couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications, including pumps, compressors, fans, and other industrial machinery. Their ability to handle varying operating conditions makes them versatile in different environments.
- 6. Shock Load Absorption: Pin couplings can absorb and dissipate shock loads effectively. The shear pins act as a buffer, protecting the equipment from sudden impacts or overloads.
Despite their numerous advantages, it is essential to consider the limitations of pin couplings as well. They have lower torque capacities compared to some other coupling types, such as gear couplings or rigid couplings. Additionally, the need to replace shear pins after each failure may lead to more frequent maintenance requirements in applications with frequent overloads or misalignments.
In conclusion, pin couplings provide reliable torque transmission and safety features, making them a valuable component in various mechanical systems. Their ability to protect against overloads and accommodate misalignments makes them a practical choice in a wide range of industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-05